Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shaved head!


                     (Photo by Prasad Dasappa)

As my hair is retreating at a rate comparable to the retreat of ice in the arctic, I thought I would peek in to the future and see how I look :)

Well that was one of the reasons for the head shave. The other one is for a fund raiser event organized by a Canadian NGO 'help Lesotho'. I also donated some money. Lesotho is a land-locked country in southern Africa that has one of the highest rates of poverty in the world, because of AIDS. About 25% of the population has AIDS, and the avg. lifespan there is about 37 years! This situation has created many orphans who don't have access to food, health care or education. NGOs like 'help Lesotho' play a crucial role in preventing further spread of AIDS.

3 comments: